I think the Soviets, Chinese, and others tried this. Also slavery usually involves basic living standards.
Here is the clincher to all you would be socialist who love this concept. Google "elite quotes population reduction" or similar. Interesting what the "thinkers" really think. You think the men behind the curtain will just float millions of people out of the goodness of their hearts? They are already talking about how there are too many people on the earth. Your basic income will come with ever growing attachments involved if you intend to live off solely that. Certain behaviors limited. Growing demands to become more and more of a better "citizen" or "global citizen" by things like not having kids and not exceeding your daily calorie and electricity rations.
You can get a free lunch, but it might cost you your soul in the end. Better to get a skill and stay free, and to encourage people who don't have skills in demand that they are mistaken if the powers that be will be happy to float them forever.
Automation coming into play does not mean instant post-scarcity economics. No, it means many's labor will we be redundant, and as resources continue to become strained guess who loses...
Robots can grow food, but it doesn't necessarily mean the instant creation of more arable land. Increased efficiency from automation does mean increased production for less, but it doesn't automatically mean more things like rare earths are instantly created to fuel production booms. Automation means efficiency and less labor. It does not mean it will auto keep up with demand for goods. And, as fewer and fewer people own production, their priorities of what to produce may not be yours nor for the benefit of the greater good.
Sure the powers that be will be happy to buy your votes off with "basic income"...that is until their power becomes solidified and they no longer need you. Then an army of dupes becomes a herd of "useless eaters" as they refer to you. If you have a farm and your farm animals are no longer good for milking or eating what do you do with them? And the elite of the world absolutely view the world as "their farm" and you being an animal.
Don't let smooth worlds and promises of easy street cause you to sell yourself or your descendants out to a new form of slavery that eventual death for a free phone, section 8 housing, and access to easy drugs that just happen to be available almost everywhere even though the government is waging a "war" against drugs in the tune of billions of dollars each year.
1) LA’s Loss of a Transformer is a Wake-up Call for America
2) Twitter is hiding evidence of the Russian Lawyer being an Obama Plant, saying the pictures are ‘Sensitive Material’. Can it get any more obvious?
3) Male "Pregnancies" on the Rise
4) United Nations: “Educated People Threaten Sustainability” via thenewamerican.com
5) Exorcism May Be Britain’s New Boom Industry
6) ‘Until a reboot do us part’: Japanese guys are marrying VR brides (VIDEO)
7) America’s Tap Water: Too Much Contamination, Not Enough Reporting, Study Finds
8) VIDEO: THIS GENETICALLY-MODIFIED CYBORG DRAGONFLY IS THE TINIEST DRONE
9) ANOTHER VICTIM OF CLINTON ARKANCIDE? MAN SET TO TESTIFY AGAINST CLINTON FOUNDATION FOUND DEAD OF APPARENT SUICIDE
10) CHINA’S SPY NETWORK IN UNITED STATES INCLUDES 25,000 INTELLIGENCE OFFICERS
11) 'CIVILIZATIONAL JIHAD' UNDERWAY AT 3,000 U.S. MOSQUES
12) QUANTUM TELEPORTATION: SCIENTISTS SUCCESSFULLY TELEPORT PHOTON FROM EARTH TO ORBIT FOR FIRST TIME EVER
13) DARPA COMMITS $65M TO BRAIN IMPLANT PROGRAM FOR SUPER SOLDIER PROJECT
14) Swarms at War: Chinese Advances in Swarm Intelligence
15) Michigan: Female genital mutilation now a felony punishable by up to 15 years prison
16) UN Urges Governments To Take Over Water Resources & Allocations
17) Researchers used CRISPR to encode a movie into DNA
18) Turkey’s Failed Coup One Year Later: 24 Governors, 169 Generals, 50,000 Total Arrested
19) The Overton Window and Political Control via ZeroHedge
20) USAF Calls for Drone Defenses After F-22 Overflight
21) America sees alarming spike in middle school suicide rate
22) 200 Environmentalists Were Murdered Last Year.
23) FORMER NORTH KOREAN MONEY MAN REVEALS WHY OVER A DECADE OF SANCTIONS FAILED
24) Dr. Steven Greer of the Disclosure Project Ties to the Occult
25) 20 Million Mosquitoes to Hit Fresno; That's a Good Thing, Really
26) America’s Air Superiority Crisis
27) Experts: Alzheimer’s Disease Might Be ‘Foodborne’
28) Almost aborted, she just graduated. It’s hard to imagine a world without her
29) Bulgarian Teenage Girl Dies After Playing Suicide 'Blue Whale' Game
30) Proof: Young people are far more receptive to the gospel than we think
31) The 10 Highest-Paying Jobs That Don’t Require A Bachelor’s Degree
32) VISA takes its War on Cash to US Retailers
Here is my list of twenty important news articles from the week of July 2nd - July 8th, 2017.
1) POLICE IN CALIFORNIA USING NEW SURVEILLANCE TOOLS TO DETERMINE YOUR THREAT SCORE
2) AMERICA'S PENSION BOMB: ILLINOIS IS JUST THE START
3) Defense Intelligence Agency Russia Military Power Report 2017
4) CRISIS MANAGEMENT FIRMS IN WASHINGTON DO ALL THE DIRTY WORK TO KEEP THE POWERFUL IN POWER
5) FISH BECOMING TRANSGENDER FROM CONTRACEPTIVE PILL CHEMICALS BEING FLUSHED DOWN HOUSEHOLD DRAINS
6) SHADOW GOVERNMENT PRESIDENT OBAMA HELD SECRET MEETINGS WITH SOUTH KOREAN PRESIDENT TO DISCUSS…TRUMP?
7) GERMANY PASSES "ORWELLIAN" ANTI-FREE-SPEECH "FACEBOOK LAW
8) Canada to apologize and give $10,500,000 to Muslim who murdered U.S. soldier
9) North Korea 'successfully tests' its first intercontinental ballistic missile capable of hitting Alaska: Kim Jong-un could now strike US territory with a nuclear weapon, analysts fear
10) REPORT: Jared, Ivanka, Conway, Dina Powell Spotted at Hamptons Party with Soros, Schumer, Fake News Journos
11) Pentagon, CIA rewrite Hollywood movies to save reputation – research
12) Serious allegation: Google alters search engine to punish pro-life group
13) REPORT: '41 STATES' REVOLT AGAINST TRUMP'S VOTER-FRAUD PROBE
14) Chinese Submarines Could Soon Be Quieter Than U.S. Ones
15) Interpol Removes Turkey From Database
16) CHINA’S SURVEILLANCE PLANS INCLUDE 600 MILLION CCTV CAMERAS NATIONWIDE, AND PERVASIVE FACIAL RECOGNITION
17) 70% Of College Grads Will Never Pay Off their Student Loans
18) Chinese purchase billions of dollars’ worth of real estate in Australia annually
19) TV networks hide bad ratings with typos, intentionally misspell the names of shows
20) AMERICA’S FIRST FREE-ROAMING GENETICALLY ENGINEERED INSECTS ARE COMING TO NEW YORK